What is NATS?
- NATS is an acronym for National Association of Teachers of Singing. It is an organization that was formed in the 1940’s to uphold their mandate of quality vocal teaching in the United States. NATS is now the largest singing teachers’ association in the world with members in over 25 countries. The headquarters of the National Association is in Jacksonville, Florida, USA.
- To encourage the highest standards of the vocal art and of ethical principles in the teaching of singing; and to promote vocal education and research at all levels, both for the enrichment of the general public and for the professional advancement of the talented.
- Why should I join?
- NATS strives to be a resource for both voice teachers, beginning voice teachers, choral conductors, and those who work in the field of voice including everyone from actors to speech-language pathologists.There are different levels of membership: Full membership to affiliate membership. Visit the Membership page for more information.
Looking for a Voice Teacher?
- Find a voice teacher in SW Washington or Oregon area, by accessing the profiles of teachers accepting students on the National NATS site. To find a comprehensive list of local teachers, simply enter any city and choose “Oregon” or “Washington” from the drop-down list. You don’t need to enter the country.
New Guidelines for Email Announcements
We have instigated a few new ways of communicating within our chapter. As you all may have seen, we are getting the new website up and running, and we have a Facebook page! One major change to be aware of is that for notices to be sent by email to the chapter, the subject must be regarding a NATS sponsored event.
There are three ways to notify your fellow NATS colleagues about all non-NATS sponsored information, including performance announcements:
|Read our current Newsletter|
1) We will be publishing a newsletter which will be posted to the website quarterly. Find the instructions for newsletter submissions on the Newsletter page. The newsletter will also have the capability of being printed so you can view a hard copy as well.
2) For any event or announcement that does not make the deadline for publication in the newsletter, our Facebook pages would be a great place to inform our members! (Facebook pages: Members Group (only members) / Chapter Page (public)) If you are not yet part of the Members Only NATS Cascade Chapter Facebook page, please contact our Membership Chair for more information on how to get connected!
3) There is a new page on the right hand side menu titled “NATS Cascade Member Events,” where you will find information on concerts and performances featuring our chapter members. If you would like to post a listing on thiss page, please send information to Jennifer Davies.